Monday, October 17, 2011

Week 6- Operating Systems

Operating systems are very crucial to the computer world. In terms of my windows, which are temperature and light controlled a good operating system is necessary for features like those to work. An operating system will be used to manage hardware and software. Operating systems also mange memory, file systems, processes, devices, users, and the cpu. A multi-tasking multi-user operating system would be a lot more beneficial for my idea though.
I would use a windows operating systems for my windows, ironically. Windows is a lot more open in terms of security than apple, which means susceptibility to virus. Apple is a lot more private and would not be as flexible as windows. Windows 7 would be the more precise operating system and it would use window touch screen because my temperature and light sensitive windows are touch screen.
Though my windows could be susceptible to virus, that is just an obstacle I would have to over come with my company. Windows 7 would run smoothly with my touch screen windows. The windows would have a desktop in which little widgets could be placed in the backgroud. Widgets like a calender, for events, a cpu memory moniter to keep track of how much memory is being used, nd a temperature widget.

No comments:

Post a Comment