Sunday, October 30, 2011

Professional Blog post

I looked up a professional blog post post on touch screen interface and I came across a blog post on Omnitouch by Kesisis Panagiotis. This blog is about a new touchscreen interface that allows you to use any surface for touch screen, even your palm. This blog post is similar to the ideas that I have about creating a touch screen window that is capable of responding to heat and light. The blog post is basically taking touchscreen interfaces to levels that have never been seen before.
The blog describes omnitouch as being similar to the Microsoft Kinnect, a camera that links to the Xbox and tracks the players movements. However, the omnitouch has no affiliation with the Xbox whatsoever. The omnitouch tracks movements on a surface and reacts as if a touchscreen smart phone would. Similar to my touchscreen window idea I feel as if this onmitouch idea will be revolutionary. Omnitouch seems like an interface I would need to make my windows touchscreen, because windows normally do not have touchscreen capabilities. By having a camera pointing at my window it would give it touch screen capabilities.
Overall I find Omnitouch to be a pretty creative and intuitive idea. The ability to use any surface from a wooden table to the palm of your hand as a touch screen is astounding. I feel like touch screen technology is achieving new heights everyday.
http://www.iphone-os.com/any-surface-touch-screen-interface-by-omnitouch/
by: Kesisis Panagiotis

No comments:

Post a Comment